WHAT IS VOLTAGE OPTIMISATION (VO)?
Voltage Optimisation is the reduction of the electricity supply within a property to optimise efficiency.
- Reduces energy usage on electrical dependant loads.
- Reduces carbon footprint.
- Contributes to Government funded targets.
- Customer savings start immediately.
- Simple to install.
- Substantially extends the life of appliances and lighting.
- Protects sensitive electrical devices from damage.
- Seamless Switching.
- ROI, typically between 2 to 3 years.
Taking average use as an example and assuming the cost of electricity increases by 5% annually over the next 25 years, our Voltage Optimisation unit can pay for itself in little over 2 years.
HOW DOES VOLTAGE OPTIMISATION WORK?
The Voltage Optimisation unit reduces the supply by 18V, showing a saving of up to 13% p.a. on the average electricity bill.
The same principle applies to larger electrical installations with three phase power supplies and loads. In summary, by reducing the voltage to most equipment you also reduce the electricity consumed and so save money.
WHAT IS THE STANDARD UK SUPPLY VOLTAGE?
The routine supply voltage in the UK will vary between 216V and 253V, with the average being 242V.
All electrical appliances within the UK are designed to work between 207V and 253V.
The most efficient voltage for simple electrical appliances is routinely 220V.
Any increase in voltage above 220V is wasted in heat generation which in turn can dramatically reduce the life expectancy of equipment.