C Gascoigne Ltd NICEIC Approved electrician and MCS accredited Solar PV installer are your local Solar I-boost supplier and installer covering Loughborough and the surrounding areas for homes/businesses with Solar PV installed. The Solar I-boost is a simple to install product that wirelessly monitors the energy generated by a Solar Array and diverts any exccess energy to heat the hot water in the immersion heater. Supplied and installed for £462.50*, including VAT. * Price as at August 2016. This assumes that the immersion heater is in working order and there are no other works required other than the simple installation of the Solar...Read More
Read all about it...
Do you have suspicions that your system isn't working as well as it did? Do you think a solar PV panel inverter maintenance repair may be required?Consider this, we have recently been called with issues with inverters that appear in principle to be working, there are no error lights or messages but the owners have noted that the system is not performing as it did when comparing comparative months in previous years. Initially we believed this to be due to the poor weather we have been having but have discovered that there can be problems with inverters that don't show any error messages which can require an invert replacement, which is always best spotted before the warranty expires! Let us check this for you. Interested give us a call t) 01509... Read More
"How much does a solar panel system cost?" is a question we are quite often asked.
Well that depends on:
- the size of system that you are looking for
- the type of solar panel e.g. silver panels are not as expensive as black ones, Chinese manufactured panels are quite often less expensive than the German manufactured panels.....etc
- the type of inverter e.g. micro inverters are more costly than string inverters but allow monitoring at a panel level normally via the internet.
- the length of time you are looking for payback. At the moment if you used half of the electricity generated you could achieve a return on your initial investment by year 8 (based on electricity saving and FIT), with the remaining...Read More
As both NICEIC Approved electrical contractors and F Gas qualified Air Conditioning engineers C Gascoigne Ltd can offer new and existing customers our experience in control systems for their Air Conditioning installations. We regularly encounter buildings where air conditioning systems are running needlessly in unoccupied rooms and set on unrealistic temperatures by the occupants leaving the bill payers to pick up the tab. This is both harmful for the environment and the wallet. By using a little intelligence and quite often some simple control devices the air conditioning can be brought back under control by lowering heating/cooling loads, reducing run times and in turn bringing down running/maintenance costs. C...Read More
LG Artcool The most effective way of keeping your conservatory cool in summer and warm in winter is by installing an Air Conditioning unit. Most people do not realise that the latest inverter driven variable speed Air Conditioners have heat pumps fitted making them quiet in operation and incredibly efficient as heaters too plus with a wide variety of styles, types and colours a well selected and thoughtfully installed Air Conditioning unit can be made to blend in to almost any room with little visual impact.
From as little as £1200 your conservatory will become more useable throughout the year,...Read More
How do I know if my Solar Panels are working? is a frequent question. Here is a list of 10 common reasons why you may experience poor yield from a Solar Panel system.
1. Solar Panel FailureIf you have a solar panel failure it will routinely show itself up in one of two ways: - physical damage - This can usually be seen through a visual inspection of the array such as broken glass, water ingress and mould growth. - electrical failures – These can range from a bypass diode failure in the back of a panel, cell failure or damaged cables and connectors. These faults will usually show up as a low voltage or open circuit. C Gascoigne Ltd will visit your site, undertake a visual inspection of your solar system and provide you... Read More
Solar PV System Service Maintenance Inspection
In order to make sure your system is performing at its optimum we are now offering a “Solar PV System Service Maintenance Inspection” starting from £180.00 (including VAT at 20%)
Your Solar PV system will have been installed a few years now and just like your car is probably ready for a routine service /maintenance check.
On a monthly or quarterly basis you will have been reading your total generation meter to check that the system is generating, but have you been checking your inverter for any messages? Would you know if you have an issue with a panel? The answer to that is probably “NO”.
With a single 250W Panel generating an estimated £3,335* throughout...Read More
What is the solar PV feed in tariff rate now? We are quite often asked this question with these changing quarterly. The solar PV feed in tariff rates that will take effect from 1st April 2015 have been announced. For the last 3 quarter ends degression has been applied to all banding rates with the exception of the rate for those systems in the 10 kW to 50 kW band. These rates can be seen on our feed in tariff page www.cgascoigne.co.uk/services/solar-pv/feed-in-tariff/ If you are interested in having a solar PV system installed please contact us for a no obligation off the desk illustration. T) 01509 341971 email)...Read More
The simple answer to "Should I test and maintain my Solar PV system ?" is yes.
Once your system has been installed and commissioned by your MCS installer it is important to ensure that the long term performance of your system is not compromised . The things to consider:
- Surface contamination - PV modules can become dirty over time, with leaves, rain, and bird droppings!
- Physical damage - objects dropped by birds
- Damage to wiring - Rodents love a bit of cable!
- Environmental degradation
C Gascoigne Ltd offer a "Test and Inspection" service. If you are interested please contact us
t) 01509 341971 e) firstname.lastname@example.org
and we would be pleased to discuss this with...Read More
The Solar PV Feed in Tariff rate for new installations after the 1st January 2015 has been announced and has per the degression mechanism introduced the rate has been reduced for systems with less than 50kW capacity by 3.5%.
For systems under 4kW the rate is now 0.1388p per kWh generated; The export tariff remains at 0.0477p per kWh until 1st April 2015
All the rates can be found on our Feed In Tariff page....http://www.cgascoigne.co.uk/services/solar-pv/feed-in-tariff/
If you are interested in having a Solar PV system installed please contact...Read More